Friday, August 19, 2005

GGAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!1

AAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!! Seriously! one of those freakin days yesterday!!! I get up (exausted) wander around the house, then when i'm a lil more awake, decide, HEY, i should go ride my pony.. aannddd.... they're not ready for jumping yet, but i should set up some trot poles to strengthen their back muscles, and teach em to pick up their feet again.... and oh, a cavaletti to, so i can kinda start jumping. Cool! so i get dressed in horsey clothes, go outside to where my jumps and poles were stored for the winter to discover... that mom screwed the lattice to the building. Not a biggie, i have a tool box in my car, go open the trunk of my car, grab the tool box, drag it over to the building and reveal.... that it doesn't have a robinson freakin screw driver!!! Put it back in the car, get my dads keys open the shop get a screw driver go back and what awaits me there? but a fricken bee!!!! so i let the bee do its thing and leave, unscrew one screw, then realize that the other screw is burried within the STINGING NETTLES! *sigh* cover up my arm with my sleeve and unscrew the other screw.... drop screw INTO stinging nettles and say "Screw it" (no pun intended, tee hee) remove lattice and look in and see that my box jumps are preventing me from getting at my trot poles *mumble mumble* remove the boxes, wedge out my trot poles.... oh and ones missing!! HOW the HELL do you lose a trot pole? its actually a fence post that i've adapted to be trot poles, but STILL!! so i grab one of my jump poles, mark it in the middle and bring it over to where my dad is diligently cutting firewood, and convince him to cut it in half for me. He doesn't have the power saw out, so i go back in the house, grab his keys again, unlock his shop again.... and then he starts to SHARPEN it.... so i wait for him to sharpen it, he cuts my log, i set up my trot poles and my cavaletti ride Kantana, decide its too hot to ride Apollo, i'll ride him after i do some stuff in town. I accomplish HALF of what i need to do in town when i get a phone call:
"hello"
Lynn from Denny's "Hi Dez, how are you?"
"I'm good, how're you?"
"I"m fine, where are you?"
"I'm picking out a birthday card"
"To bring here?"
"What, no...."
"Well you know you work tonight, from 5-10..."
"What, no...." *checks watch its 5*
"Oh... didn't Candace tell you?"
"What, no..." (i'm really good at responding...:S)
"Ohhh... well she gave you another shift, don't you check your schedule..."
"Um.... so i'm obviously gunna be late..."
"Ok, see you when you get here"
*Hang up* "FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!" Ok, i am in town, and live 20 mins OUTA town... i grab my card, pay for it, get in the car, drive to Mels house, give mom her bday card, drive home get dressed, drive back into town, its now 6 o'clock at night. Everyones cheery, a lil overrun but cheery.... then our SA leaves (dishwasher, server assistant for you nondennys' ppl) we only have 2 cooks, and 3 servers on, plus our manager.... thats it, and this HUGE rush comes in... we run out of dishes, the cooks are falling behind, my stupid tables keep ordering god damned salads and soups!!! So lynn calls in an SA, a cook, and another server.... most of which arrive when its calmed down (naturally) however, finsih my shift, it goes well, i get good tips... i'm doing my side work when Lynns like... "so Dez, cna you like, deep clean, like, REALLY deep clean the desert area... we have an inspection comming in, and it needs to be perfect.... and acutally, can you stay late and hostess for the guys? THank you so much...." "of course Lynn" *grrrrr* so i make the freakin desert area sparkle... Mike makes a desert and i REMAKE it sparkle... then clean all the tables in the restaurant, and infor Stan and Mike that if they're asked, they dont' need me!! I wnat to go home, they agree tho, which was nice, do my cashout and go home.... on the way home, i slow down for a light, and my badly positioned apron SPILLS al my change all over my car... which is known to eat things... anwyasy. Today is the begining of a new day, so lets try this again, shall we?

1 comment:

becca said...

Hehe...I'll put my hands on Deck. :P ;) Yay for seeing you and Jen at Booster Juice...made my day, actually. Also glad to see that I've infected you, and made you addicted to the stuff. *evil giggle* I just want you to know that I thought the dessert bar was BEAUTIFUL this morning when I got to work. :D

*Hugs*