Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times.

I think that quote from "A Tale of Two Cities" is best suited for my birthday. Like every story, I shall start from the begining.

Had to work, obviously, with Stan so it was uber fun. And at around 12:15 am, in walks Cole, Jen, Becca, and Garfield (he was just leaving, but saw them comming in, so recame in to sing then leave again) with a cake and candles. Was very embarassing and awesome, and RIGHT as I was going on my break, so I ushered them all over to table 25 and I ate chicken strips, then we all ate cake. Also, we had "good food turned bad for you" Stan and Kevin had this great idea to turn food normally healthy for you, not so healthy, by deep frying, and grilling in butter, different fruits. Stan even wrapped some in bacon. For the record, deep fried grapes are the best, grilled, not so much.

Anywyas, failed to mention the b/f showed up at like, 11:30... didn't really say much, just sat at different tables with different ppl... ALL night, finally towards morning, he was like, "did you want to go to breakfast?" "Sure...:) that would be nice." so I finally get all my sidework done, cash out, its freakin 7 am... come out, and like he has been all night, he's having conversation with some random chick at a table. w/e, thats cool. so I kinda hang out at the front door with Mac for a while... me and Mac are chit chatting away, Mac's awesome, i love talking to him. Finally I'm getting annoyed, its my birthday, and I don't want to spend the WHOLE thing at Denny's... its bad enough I have to go back that night. So I go... "Pssst.... I'm leaving." he looks up and waves at me... "So um... how bout that breakfast?" And I leave... he follows shortly, and drives me to feed, drops Mac off and takes me to breakfast at De Dutch. Where we sat and hardly talked the WHOLE time... stared at random points on the wall, sang along to the country music... get into his truck to get me back to my car... when he parks I'm like.... "Listen, you need to relax around me or something... you seem capable of talking to everyone else, but not me... I can't do this" his response... "Ok" and..... more silence... I waited for a while, then thanked him for breakfast and left... we had no physical contact the whole time I saw him. When I got home he phoned my cell to talk, and I repeated alot of what I said in the truck... he was like, ya, I really need to work on that, wha wha wha, haven't heard from him since.

Went to sleep, planned on getting up at 5pm... woke up, discovered phone was dead, hence no alarm, hence no idea of time... so attempted to get out of the room in which I'm staying while I house sit..... to no avail, I kept running into walls, it was horrible. Eventually found the door, only to trip over a chair in the hallway. Get upstairs to discover... its 5:50, and all my relatives are showing up at my parents house at 6:00... *FUCK* I'm only a five minute drive away, but still, run dowstairs, grab my stuff, jump in the car, start it, feed the horses, get back in the car, speed to my house where there are alreayd relatives waiting, run dowstairs, get dressed, redo my hair, makeup, TAAA DAAAAA!!! I'm here. Ha ha... my sister wasn't, my mom forgot her. To funny, tho Tiffany didnt' think so. Bolted down some dinner, then i mostly sat near the speakers so I could sing along to all the country songs instead of forced interaction with my family... My Aunt's b/f cornered me about the post office job I kinda didn't pursue, turn down. The moment I was LEAST looking forward to all night. So I kinda explained to him why I didnt', and how I was going to school... well he looked like he completly couldn't comprehend me giong to school, what was the point when you could work at the post office for the rest of your life like him?!? W/e, did the present thing, got mostly money since my family doesn't know me, got some tools tho, which excites me, annnnnnnddddd..... a 35mm manual camera. However... this camera is a lil TOO manual for me, (aka, its ancient) and very heavy... however, still, really freaking cool, but the other problem is, I'm pretty sure the apature isnt' working, and the light meter is messed up. *sigh* anywyasy, that was all fine and dandy, still sitting iwth relatives, when I over hear my grandfather and Glen talking about the post office, and how I shouldn't of turned it down... blah blah blah... annnnnddd.... that sent me over the deep edge, drug my mom to the bathroom with me where I completly broke down. Mom is so awesome tho, after a while she was like, "Ok... you need to pull yourself together, and go back out there. Who cares what THEY think you should do with your life, its YOURS. You're an actress... pick a character and come interact with your relatives." leaves... pops her head back in the door "Trixie could be amusing..." ha ha... anyways, did the cake thing, everyone went home, I went BACK to work.

Hadn't been at work for a half an hour, when in rides Jenny on one of those horse sticks... this one however has sound... very funny/embarassing as usual, and she was accompanied by Kaylee. THe horse was actually a gift from Kaylee, but she wasn't brave enough to be the one to ride it in. Also, Steph was at Denny's and had a sampler, so I was her server... was very nice. Right up until i read the card that said:

"It's your birthday and I wouldn't be surprised if you got carded when you go out and celebrate."
"Those folks at Denny's are pretty strict when it comes to ordering off the senior's menu"

*GAG* How could they... wasn't it bad enough I worked at Denny's twice on my birthday, but they had to find a card with Denny's IN IT?!?! *sigh* made me a lil sick. Anywyas, was working with Garfield that night, which was sssooooo awesome. Like serioulsy, that kid is so much fun!! And omg, we had real converstaion (i forgot taht ppl could actually have that...) we talked about relationships, and life and love, and pets and comfort, and dreams goals and ambitions... it was soooooo awesome. On my break Garfield plugged a loonie into the claw machine, and won a very cute puppy which he gave to me and siad "happy birthday" very cute, I made fun of him, was awesome. Anwyays, Garfield went home, finished my shift with Dave and Hardish, went home and slept for a couple hours.

Now, the really good part of my birthday is aobut to start. My best friend Mel, planned a party for me. She phoned to inform me that I had to be there for 3:30, but I whined and begged to come a lil later so I could do some stuff... she agreed, and said geusts would be there at 3:30, Becca there at 2:30, and I could arrive at 4:30 (because she had to catch them up on some stuff before my arrival.) WELL!! I managed to get my stuff done a lil bit early... and I promised Garfield (a whole bunch of times, and i kept putting it off, and pushing it aside) That I would come check out his wall (rock climbing wall in his basement, like the Craig used to be) and he could teach me to climb. So I phoned him up on my way into town, and was like, "Hey, 45 mins enough time to teach me to climb?" i later learned it really isnt'... lol. Anyways, so, I got to Garfield's house, and he tried to teach me to climb. So intence, holy fuck. And my forearms are soooo sore. They were actually sore at the time, and my fingers weren't to happy either... lack of calouses. But still, so awesome, and he wants me to come back, and I deffinetly agree.

So then I arrive at Mel's house... at 4:40, so I'm a lil bit late... aaannnnnddddd there is ONE person besides Mel there!! lol, eveyronce (except Wanda) was late. However, was fun, we sat talked, waited for other ppl to get there, I got a "Birthday Girl" ribbon, and then... I was taken to the back room, sat on a chair, got a hair dressers apron put on me and a blind fold. In front of me they sit Cole with a blind fold as well. Then they give Cole a bowl of pudding and a spoon and tell him to feed me!!!!!!!!!! Omg...... so horrible...... so funny..... I had pudding everywhere... Wanda got it up my nose, and Mel kept jabbing my throat, then my forehead, Cole kept trying to kill me by giving me to much to fast... it was aweful... and I have a cold, so I'm sniffly..... and Wanda got pudding up my nose, and I kinda sniffled.... ya, thats right, pudding UP the nose.... haha ha... it was way to awesome. THen we did the gift thing, everyone got me such cool things, it was awesome... lotsa toys, it was like my 10th birthday all over again!!! We played more Mario, Jen learned how to play Chess with Wanda, we gave back massages... it was really awesome. So much fun to have so many of the ppl you love in one room with you, who know you, but like you anyways. I didn't want gifts from them, because they already gave me the best gift of comming and hanging out with me, and TOTALLY making up for the really shitty day before. Thank you all!!

Anyways, Garfield said not to let the wall defeat me, but lets face it the wall won... and I think i earned a losers bath wtih all the awesome stuff Diana gave me, so I"m off to it!

3 comments:

Cole said...

YOU must have MORE puidding...theheheh i had a amazing time(thank you mel for putting it on)and YAY for phil comming out even though he was sick! And i have new respect for women trying to get make up off it's hard, this morning I still had some on my face. I hope next 18 years will treat you even better then the last!

GopherX said...

Wow, postzilla. I usually don't read things that long, feel special.

Happy birthday and stuff. ^_^

Sounds like you had a pretty awesome party and such.

On a side note, where the hell do you get your energy? Even though I can operate fine on no sleep, you seem to be able to get so much more done that I could ever imagine.

JJ said...

I'm sorry we gave you that denny's card... but WE HAD to. it was so perfect. you're 18 so you would get carded...

So sorry... sooooo sorry! front side so sorry, back side so sorry!! everything sooo sorry!

Sorry dearest dezeray.