Friday, March 03, 2006

More Barenaked Ladies Wonderfulness

Alcohol

I love you more
than I did the week before
I discovered alcohol
Would you please ignore that you
Found me on the floor
Trying on your camisole?
O alcohol, would you please forgive me?
For while I cannot love myself
I’ll use something else.


Who Needs Sleep (for Jen)

There’s so much joy in life,
So many pleasures all around
But the pleasure of insomnia
Is one I’ve never found
With all life has to offer,
There’s so much to be enjoyed
But the pleasures of insomnia
Are ones I can’t avoidLids down,
I count sheepI count heartbeats
The only thing that counts is
That I won’t sleepI countdown,
I look around
Hala hala hala...
(for me)
Who needs sleep?
(well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep?
(tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep?
(be happy with what you’re getting
There’s a guy who’s been awake
Since the second world war)

Some Fantastic

There’s a lot I will never do
Some fantastic, I know it’s true
But none as much as my want to be with you
Bye Bye self respect...
I haven't had much of it since you left.

One Week (a description of me)

How can I help it if I think you’re funny when you’re mad
Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
I’m the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
Can’t understand what I mean?
Well, you soon will
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of taking off my shirt
(for Cole)
Gotta get in tune with sailor moon
Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes
That make me think the wrong thing

1 comment:

GopherX said...

BNL rock my socks. Not quite as much as you though Dez.