Friday, March 03, 2006

Light Up My Room

*sigh* well... though working a 10 hour shift at Denny's I'm sure COULD be fun in some parallel universe... in this one its not. Nancy called in sick at 1am yesterday, so Lynn asked if I could stay till 7 so that Sharon wasn't working alone... Ok... i can do that right?!? Except for I got so behind on my sidework, and I only had to do half of the list, except, lets not lie, I had to go through and finish some of Garfields... anywyas, that I got off the floor at 7, hurray for me... sidework done at about 20 after... rush comes in at about 21 after... management "can't do my cash out" b/c its to busy... so I run food, bring coffee around, get condiments to tables, get my cash out done, and leave by 8 am. Not even a thank you from Petra for just jumping in and running food after beign there for way to many hours... nice. However, the servers thanked me which was you know... nice.

On a side note, Garfield is a jerk. Of course we know that, and I think some of us know that its part of who he is, and therefore part of why I love him, blah blah blah, but fuck him. I've learned, when he's being grumpy just to leave him the fuck alone. But oh no, last night taht wasn't good enough, he had to make an effort to attack me, or go out of his way to make my life hell. I think we may have sorted something out when I told him "Don't EVER call me emotional again... you are just as emotional as I am, the only difference is you're not crying right now, and I only cry in front of a few select ppl..." he left me alone after that, and eventually started being nicer... but fuck man. He's one of the only ppl I know who can say something unkind to me, and reduce me to tears in the freezer/bathroom...

In other notes, I'm off late night. This saturday is my last late night shift. Next week I work mostly swing, and one day shift. Of course, getting off late night I figured my hours would drop... not a biggie, thats good thats what I want, you konw, focus more on school and such. ya... right... I work what, 24-32 hours a week late night... next week I work 35... *sigH* oh well, moneys' good and I actually get to sleep at night.... woo hoo, sleep!!

well, I should go pretend I actually accomplished something while I've been home alone for the past 2 hours... lol,

Ciao

2 comments:

Cole said...

Yes well i am in the same boat as you! i work 40 hours this nexted week casue tate decided to be sick for a whole other week and owen just got fired... i am going to miss working with that kid:( YAY! for sailormoon and Barenaked laidies rock!

GopherX said...

Man, I'm going to have to go into Denny's when the sun is up to see you now...weird.

Remember when a guy is being a jerk, kick him square in the balls. He'll learn, we all do.

This post made me a little sad...I wanted to wonder what you would do alone for two hours and couldn't think of much exciting...I'm not whole anymore :(

<3!!!