Thursday, September 28, 2006

All the world's a stage...

And somedays I wish I could live out the fantasy.

SO! To Jeremy, sorry for not updating CONSTANTLY, I am still LIVING over here... but here's an update jsut for you.

Lets start with "Magic" shall we... yes... Magic. You've all read about my CIS class, but Math is getting up there to. You see, the teacher talks in circles and can never actually answer a question. Oh, and have I mentioned today we learned about y= mx + b? Ya.... thats only what, Grade 10??!?! And of course, all the other stuff we've done is just a review from psych 101... But in the begining of the year my teacher said to the entire class "get a proper calculator for statistics, b/c we want to spend more time discussing the answer than figuring it out" not a great start for a somewhat logical mathmatical mind like mine. But today tops it. She stands in front of the class, and I somewhat quote "So there is a formula in the text book," (OMG>... really?!? SWEET! MATH!! In a MATH Course, who'da thunk it?!??!) "but you can just ignore it, we're not going to use it for anything. See, if we put the data in the calculator, it does magic and gets the right answer, so we can just talk about the answers." Magic... my math class was just summed up by a calculator being magic!! *sigh*

Now WHo's your daddy? Doesn't really matter, but in recent news I got another job today. At Daddyo's Pizza Restaurant. Dropped off a resume. Went back 1/2 hour later for a job interview. Got a call couple hours after getting home saying to come in on Saturday for training. Hurray. Not sure how I feel about this... but oh well, we shall see, we shall see.

Also, finished first "Wheel of Time" book today... the plot is so similar to "Sword of Truth" its kinda funny... but its good, but I think most books are good, and I"m a sucker for series. But ya, it was good, and the really amazing thing, I didn't cry... not taht there was actually anything to cry over, but I still didn't... I may one day just not cry anymore... doubtful, but a girl can hope.

Anyways, hope this was sufficient enough for you Jeremy... and whoever reads it, not that anyone, and I mean ANYONE (besides Jeremy clearly) updates...

5 comments:

Nic Waller said...

Hurrah for magically-quick job-getting! But seriously, that's a pretty quick turnaround, so my first thought would be "hey, the management probably isn't incompetent!" The atmosphere there seems a bit more civilized than Denny's, so perhaps you won't have drunken morons pestering you incessantly. That would be great! ^_^

GopherX said...

Aww Dez, you do love me!

Living eh? I'm not sure I know what that's like anymore.

Also WoT is a pretty good series for the first 6 or so books...but then you'll hate it, hate it with your sooooul. Graham and I both want to kick Robert Jordan's ass. He has hundreds of pages where just about nothing happens, and what does happen isn't important. He's spent his last 4 books just setting things up that havn't happened yet.

GopherX said...

Also since Robert Jordan will most likely be dead before he finishes that damn series of books, you should read George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series instead...it's like the perfect fantasy series.

Cole said...

Yeah I heard that the George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series was good that is what my dad is reading right now maybe i can take it form him while I am down there:)

GopherX said...

Doooo it Cole! Even if it's just the first book, I can lend you the next two and will buy the fourth as soon as it's in paperback.