Monday, January 01, 2007

2007 is upon us...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hey guys, thought I'd give 2007 a test run before wishing everyone a happy new year, and so far it feels great!! I spent time with my family, went skating with Melissa and some of her new friends, cleaned the guy's apartment (so THEY could have a great start to the new year), and watched some good ol' Flight of the Conchords with my little sister. Seriously, those guys are hilarious, and I give Jenny full credit for getting me hooked on them!!

Now, I already sent out a recap of my year via e-mail; however, not all of my avid readers get that e-mail so I shall post it here. For those of you who DO get the e-mail, I apologize you can skip the next 3 paragraphs

**
And what a crazy year it was, fell in and out of love, drove to vancouver twice, edmonton and calgary once, drove accross the United States, lived in St Catherines Ontario for a little more than 3 months, partied in Nashville Tennesee, worked 5 seperate jobs, quit 3 jobs, finished another, am still employed at the last, lost alot of money, made alot of money, started college in the Marketing and Management program, went to 3 big concerts, turned 19, got into a car accident, got a new car, started reading another fantasy series, had wisdom teeth pulled, dyed hair... repeatedly, got a blue wig, got a laptop, made new friends, lost contact with old ones, learned many life lessons, got bit by the photography bug bad, lost glasses, and having my first new year in 4 new years w/o someone to give a new years kiss to, tho I'm sure I know a couple ppl who'd be willing ;) lol and in total randomness I broke down and bought those ugly crocs... mine are bright orange with little skulls on them... man am i cool or what?!?!

In my family, Mom quit her job, is restarting her business, hurt her knee, is training horses and living her dream, got an MP3 player (go mom). Dad is going to school for computer tech, won the worlds in powerlifting and is still at PG Sawmills and bought himself a lap top. Tiff entered the working world coaching gymnastics, and working at staples, had surgery on her knee and is applying to many art schools for fashion design, plus got her own sewing machine. We're all so busy we sometimes forget what we look like, but i have the closest family in otehr ways, we love and support each otehr and cherish the time we do spend together.

In the world... war still rages in the Middle East, terrorism is still a concern, having some extreme weather, the poor are still poor, the rich get richer, some of the worlds favourite stars have passed away, and the big blue ball is about to embark on anotehr trip around the world.
**

SO! To quickly sum up my new years eve, it was SSSOOOOOO fun!! I drug my little sister to the guy's apartment where we met a TONNE of our friends!! They were already full blown into a make shift (lack of rules or points) game of "Scene it". It was quite the experience to watch and realize that my friends have no lives and dedicate themselves to movies and actors from the 50's to present... but we love them anyways!! Then, it was twister; which I did NOT partake in due to I FEARED FOR MY LIFE!! and it was much more fun to watch. But I DID participate in teh next game which was Taboo. I should stop to point out by this time I've had a decent amount of alchohol. It was awesome fun, we did girls vs boys, which meant Zac was with teh girls, and later Jenny was with the boys, and No, surprisingly enough I was NOT with the boys. Mel and Daniel were awesome at teh game, but I'd like to think I pulled a close third to those two!! I was in fact the only one to get 6 in one shot. Maybe the key is alcohol, by the end of the game I was deffinetly liquored. The rest is just a blur of talking, hanging out, falling down, popping champagne and kissing every person in the apartment on the cheek at midnight in less then a minute!! By 2 a.m. we all decided Denny's was a great idea... it really wasn't. I felt bad for how busy it was there, and seriously, that much grease on an alcohol filled stomach is jsut BAD!! But fun to see Shirley and Stan and the gang.

So here I am in the year 2007 curled up in my bed with George on my lap resisting sleep posting on my blog and thinking of the year to come. I certainly have goals, like, getting my room clean, and car, staying organized, saving money, getting in shape, doing well in school, riding more, learning more about photography and being less bitter towards people. But, I won't go as far as to call the new years resolutions b/c i think resolutions are b/s and as Jeff said "They're only for the weak" but its always good to have goals in sight and mind.

*Unrelated blog post topic* I quit Sportchek. So all you people who share the sentiment that I work to much can feel better, I'm down to one job for school, AND only available 4 days a week. When I go broke and hungry you will all have yourselves to blame :P. But in all seriousness I feel like a great weight has been lifted. I'm guarunteed days off, and less stress. Going to be a great year.

With all of the above said, I should post this and sleep. But I'd like to leave you with a poem I recieved in a forwarded e-mail once which I really appreciate.

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye." "

I truley wish each and everyone one of you "enough", Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Cole said...

Wait... you went to the states?:O What a good year. Now to post my year
Cole's Year:
He work and went to school
oh yeah he had a girlfriend but she is gone now.
The end

It turely was a wonderful year:D