Monday, April 23, 2007

Hollywood Has Broken Me

I've realized where all my romance problems stem... like most girls, Hollywood. Tonight I watched "Kate and Leopold" which is actually one of my all time fave movies. I think the reason I love this movie so much, is because I can sympathize with Kate so very much. She's very career driven, busy, emotional, borderline psychotic, and really has no use for the romance crap that Leo shows her at first. In fact, she resists him at all costs in the begining... and then falls flat on her face for him, then they realize it can't work, but she loves him, and it CAN work, and they live happily ever after. How long does this entire movie take place? 7 days... from hate, to love, to can't work, to happily fucking ever after. And thats the way all my relationships go... resistance, flat on my face, "can't work". Yes, I AM aware that I'm writing this post in a little bit of a bitter state of mind, but so what. What hit the hardest and the worst in that movie was some of the stuff Leo said and did. At one point Kate was bitching about something or another, and Leo looked at her and said "Maybe you just haven't met the right man yet." Sound familiar? Oh, yup! Heard that one about 2 months ago. And when they're on the rooftop she goes to clean up, and he grabs her and makes her dance to the violinist... Violins, ah how he loved it, and after the bar when noone knew we were dating? I owed him a dance, and he pulled me in so close and held me so tight in the middle of his bedroom.... So fuck hollywood! Fuck this love bullshit, b/c thats what it is. To quote Kate, its our grown up version of Santa Clause... a myth we've been fed since childhood, and we keep giving ourselves excuses as to why our love santa is stuck in the chimney.

3 comments:

Cole said...

Most girls?? I am convinced that's how love works. But maybe Hollywood dose that to protect us from the harsh reality oh love? Like rose colored glasses. But you know what they say about Hollywood fake?

Anonymous said...

Hollywood doesn't do anything for anyone other than itself. It's all about making money, and a love like that, that ends happily ever after, is what everyone in the world wants but so few actually get, so those without it pay millions just to have a taste.

Love takes work, commitment, passion, so much more. If both people dont put in the same amount, love will shrivel up and die. When someone sais "I love you", it really should mean "We love eachother"

I feel like ranting more but this isnt my blog...

End Mini Rant

safromhell said...

you scare me