Sunday, October 30, 2005

Edmonton (part 3)-A Night of Highway Confusion

(Last Edmonton post I promise)

Once I left the mall, I perfectly navigated my away accross Edmonton, through downtown Edmonton, we looked at random things, then went back to Whyte ave (what can I say, we love it there) and then did the most cliche thing ever. We went to the Starbucks inside the Chapters, listened to Dashboard Confessionals, while drinking Maple Macchiatos, and talking on our cell phones, Jen, was talking to her ex b/f at the time.... *sigh* how cliche, and of COURSE, I was wearing the orange hat, which I should add makes me look freakin hot! Then I navigated my way around to drop Jen off with Clarke, then back where I came to pickup Wanda.... took Wanda randomly driving... almost ended up in little Italy which APPARENTLY is bad... then waaayyyyy over on one side of Edmonton and actually ended up on a highway to Ft McMurray... got back on track again tho, and headed BACK to WestEd, b/c WANDA said she'd ride the rollercoaster with me!! However, the rollercoaster wasn't open anymore, but insteadn we went and ate at Death By Chocolate... o... m... g.... believe you me, orgasmic experience. and the names were ssssooooo cheesy I ahd "Joeseph and the Technicolour Dream Cake" it had a chocolate coat hanger on it and everything... they were freakin hilarious. And goood.... oh soo good. Then we decided we'd catch a movie, North Country. My goodness, ssssoooo good, very very serious, and just, solid movie right through to the end... and the way they filmed teh 3 different time periods was just amazing!

So then the movie ended at oh.... 12:30. Cool... we got lost leaving the mall. I shit you not, we were lost IN the mall. Didn't get out till 1:00!! it took HALF AN HOUR to get outa the mall. ggrrrrr.... however got outa the mall, into the car that Wanda had forgotten to lock, got some money for her, then drove her home.... however, ended up on the wrong side of a divided street, then got back on track, and what do we start talking about? Philisophical shit, OF COURSE! Soo... i miss my turn off w/o noticing, then for some reason think that this OTHER turnoff is the right one... so once we realize how lost we are, we drop philosophy for a while, get sorted out, then drop Wanda off. Now I'm heading back to Shay'ys house... bout a half hour drive, and tis about 1:30... but I once again miss my turn off (i'm too tired by this piont) then I actually consciously decide to not take the NEXT turn off (don't think I should've been operating a motor vehicle) and heres the prob with AB highways.... theres no just, turnign around... once you miss exits, you keep going till you find one.... so! Part way to Calgary, find an exit for Kavenaugh... w/e, take it... keep going, and where does it lead? Highway 2!!! YES! Know where I am... turn right on it.... figure out later I shoulda turned LEFT... get to some quaint town called Millet... stop at a gas station, and whip out my map... when this drunk comes outside

"WWWhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Man, you can't just sit out here, ya gotta go inside and get some food..."

"Right... will do in a min" *resumes reading map*

"Oh... are ya lost?"

"Yup"

"where ya headed?"

"NiskU"

"Nisku's THATAWAY man" *points the direction I just came from* "I'm headed that way, wanna follow"

*thinks... this mans drunk...* "Sure, why not"

He turns, WAY before Leduc, let alone Nisku, however, I was on hwy 2 so I didn't really care. Got to Leduc, then Nisku, then home again, YAY!!! at 3... or 3:30, I can't remember now, but somewhere after 3 I stumbled in the house... *sigh* not cool. Then the next morning it was last minute chats and goodbyes, and homeward bound, where Jen played lotsa awesome music, blasts from the past and such... very much fun! I miss the city already, I feel that Edmonton will always be a place I can call home.

The End

3 comments:

JJ said...

best trip ever.

I want to go home.

Cole said...

hahah...home is where the heart is & Shay'y gave me that for chocolate mike remember;)

Dez Dez said...

Ya.... I forgot my best friend traded me for chocolate... :S