Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm not into health food...

I am in to Champagne.

Hee hee.... the above picture is for my friend Mel!! I figured she'd like it, and even the walrus could appreciate, even tho she actually likes broccoli, but she pointed out its BECAUSE its evil that she likes it. I did the editing myself, you can hardly tell eh?!?!

SO! Thanks to Cole and his ubertastic friendship seeking favour skills.... I found out, I'm still registered at college, all I have to do is pick my courses for spring and pay all my fees!!!! I'm so excited.... ssooooo I'm going back to school!! I"m only gunna take 2, maybe 3 courses, and still stay on late nights at Denny's as many hours as possible!!! Am super excited over here!!

So, last night managed to pick up an extra shift! YES! It was part swing part late night... discovered I really like late night, and not a big fan of swing... for one, tips are better on late night, secondly hostesses are stupid, and lets face it, I'm antisocial. All in all, last night was fun tho, worked with Kassy (server age 17), Garfield (new server age 20), Crystal (hostess age 18), Ashley (new girl age 18), and Debi (Kids Craft Corner age 15). Ok, now you're all wondering why I typed in the age, but I wanted you to know how young our floor was. Clearly Garfield is not only the oldest, but the only one legal to serve alcohol. Now, Garfield started by making fun of Ashley and Kassy, callin them youngens and such till I told him to leave us minors alone... he was kinda like, why do you care, they're all so young... so I told him.... I"m 17... he uh.. pitched a fit, and exclaimed that I was lying, cause I clearly had to be 21... Poor kid, went from thinking I was a year older than him, to just over 2 years younger... OK! SO! Kassy goes on her break, so we "shut" section one down, except for the 3 tables we've designated as Ashley's tables. THen i just keep working section 2 and Garfield section 3. WELL we got a dinner rush and the hostess forgot.... SO! I got section one and two, which meant seating went ASH DEZ DEZ GARFIELD DEZ DEZ GARFIELD ASH DEZ DEZ GARFIELD. At one ponit, I counted my tables to see that I had 8... Garfield had 3. Therefore I gave garfield one of my tables in an attempt to catch up... it was uh, slightly crazy. But enough about work, that was my psycho night.

Still have been unable to ride other than the once... this is quickly turning into a waste of $223 this month... hopefully next month is better, tho doubtful as it will be Apollo whos downtown next month... but seriously, how does crap keep happening!?!?! I'm SUPPOSED to have GOOD luck... I even have a horseshoe in the middle of my thumb print! *sigh* I geuss I'll just have to start making my own luck.

OH! Back to the age thing... this relates to a conversation me adn Stan had. Its funny that everyone thinks I'm over 20, it really is. Everytime I remind Lynn I live at home she almost chokes, its god awefully funny. Tho i can't imagine how old I"m going to look when I'm ACTUALLY 20... i have to admit that almsot frightens me. Anyways, irrelevant. Stan figures I'm actually older than 100, but b/c I'm a vampire, I can really say I'm w/e age I wanna be, and the only reason I'm "17 going on 18" is cause I don't want to serve my own alcohol! Bwa ha ha ha.... was there actually a point to this paragraph?

Well I"m going to go "do" things.... you know, things to see, ppl to do.... :D Anywaysy adieu to yee all *bites everyones shoulder*

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. "

"It don't make much difference what you study, so long as you don't like it."

4 comments:

becca said...

Dez, I'm terribly proud of your editing abilities, and I must inform you that I do agree that broccoli is evil...THAT's why I eat it. Duuh.

Hehe...you should have seen it a couple of years ago...right before my 16th...Stan, me and Dan (you didn't get the pleasure of working with him) were standing around talking, and I said, "my birthday is on Tuesday!" and Dan said, "Oh, how old are you going to be?" When I told him "16" he nearly choked on his coffee. Hehe...so much fun. *sigh* I remember the good old days when I was the resturant baby...looks like I'm turning into one of those old lifers...minus the lifer part...*uncomfortable laugh*

I'm so happy that you're going to school in the spring! I think this will be great for you! :D Hurrah for Dez and business management!

Hmm...looks like my comment has turned into somewhat of a post on it's own...sorry for the length. :P

See you tomorrow night, darlin'! Jen and I are going to come bug you at work after the show. Mwahaha!

*hugs*

JJ said...

That... is... the... wickedest... thing... I... have... EVER... seen.

And what can I say hun, they all want to think you're not a minor so they can justify and make themselves feel better when they stare at you all day. Trust me, I know these things. (remember, you even ask my how I know so much when i'm a hermit.)

I am so super stoked that you are going to be at school with us, its going to be great. I need you there so I think Its going to be a lovely change for me as well.

Buahaha. I shall call you when I get off work tomorrow.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Hiii Dez!
I think you should use your jailbaitey good looks to get old men to buy you things...but that's just me.
Oh, and congatulations on the school! I hope you have lots of fantastic fun!

Cole said...

I...was wondering where those holes where comming from all over my arm. I have this little holes kida like puncher marks I thought it was stigmata! now i know!