Friday, October 07, 2005

Roland the Roadie, Loved Gertrude The Groupie, But Gertrude the Groupie Loves Groups!

OK, so like, most awesome night ever!!! I really enjoyed Kazzer one of the opening acts, Julian (guitarist) had awesome stage presence, and was really fun to watch, with his 4"long dreads. And after their set Jen wanted to pop by the merch table to see if they showed, and when they did, she was just gunna leave, and I was like say WHA!? we came all the way over here and your'e not even gunna go say hi?! So she was like, I should ask if I buy them a beer will they show me their guitars?! And i was all doooooo it! So she did! Was quite amusing, you could almost see him go, "oh god... another freaky girl" when Jen said, "I'll buy you a beer if..." and then he was sooo shocked when she said "you let me see the Gibson (guitar)" this then resulted in a babbled comment about guitars being locked up (I use that one for alcohol on late night AALLLLL the time) but then went into a full out guitar conversation for like, 7 minutes while me and Steph smiled and went *blonde giggle* lol.... but it was awesome to see Jenny talking to someone with the same knowledge and passion about guitars. Julian then introduced himself to me and Steph (did i mention he was hot?) and then Jen was all "we're goign to Denny's afterwards, you should come" to which the replial was somthin along the lines of "uh... maybe". Then Jen moved on to talking to other band members when this blonde chick pops outa nowhere, looks at Julian, runs away, runs back and says... "are you from Kazzer? omg god *fans herself* can i... have a hug?" *Gag* like.... comeon hes human... Anywyas, so then Boy came on, and I wasn't to fond of them, but w/e, but then.... THEN.... came Collective Soul!!! Awesome intro, woke me rigth up (due to horrible sleeping patterns right before they came on I was fighting off sleep) but their middle kinda... draggged, and caused me adn Steph to kinda drift off for a couple mins, but the ending was TOTALLY awesome!! OMG good!! Hee hee, he made us sing, over and over and over and over again, whcih was totally awesome for me, cause I was gunna sing no matter what, I'm Dez, its what I do, but he encouraged it, so I was like! YES!!!! Just, awesome freakin show. So, then we all treked over to Denny's Gordie showed up, Kaylee had to go early, which really sucked, then we all had food, and Mike and Stan were really off, so Dan couldn't really pay when he wanted to, and he was tired, so me and Jen said we'd get it.... and in the end, we also got Gordie's food, which reaaaaaally didnt' make me to happy. Another thing, I seem to only be able to tolerate Gordie when I'm drunk, or he's driving me in his awesome truck. Anwyays, we had almost given up hope that Kazzer would show, when who walks through the door? Julian and Derek, and everyone else! It was so awesome, so they grabbed a booth next to us, Derek the roadie took Jen and me outside to show her the custom made guitar, while we were out there, some random came up, and said to Julian.... "Yo'ure not kazzer are yoU?" To which the replial was (omg, fucking awesom) "No... but i'm in a band called Kazzer" *drum roll* made me happy, and then the guy was all... no way.... goes back inside, and when we get inside, he's got this picture of some kid, and a sharpie and gettin them to autograph the back of it... *sigh* but seriously, fuckin awesome night!

OH! and Kudos to Becca for making the front page, when Collective Soul was on page 3! We're all very proud!

1 comment:

Cole said...

spaeking of the concert it rocked so much.. there was 8 female breast and i crowed surfed and it was awesome! but now i have bruises up and down my side s do to the mosh pit! and ya! becca i have you on my fridge now!