Saturday, November 05, 2005

Sleeping during the exam is alright, right?

Ohhhhhhhh.... god. Wrote my exam this morning... when I was finished I'd officially been up for 30 hours. Stan did let me go home at 5 tho, so I had a 30-45 min nap before the exam... which didnt' help much, becase I actually fell asleep during the english portion more than once. It was sectioned off, so you couldn't go ahead, so everytime I finished, I'd put my head down (opportune moment for a nap), and wait for the little timer to go off saying we had run out of time... at one point tho, I was reading, then dropped my pencil and woke myself up... gah... so not good. However, once we started the math section, I was WIDE awake, i'm not even kidding, i love playing with numbers so much, and just the opportunity presented before me got my brain totally in gear, alot more thinking in math than stupid English. I soooooooo aced the math portion... I just hope I passed the english section as well. *sigh*

Also, to make matters worse, last night was pretty steady, I didn't ONCE feel slammed (which is good of course), and in my first 1 1/2 of working, I managed to sell almost 300 or somthing... and then the host came on... who constantly feels taht Stan should get all the tables, and I shouldn't really get any. I'm unfortunatly not exagerating when I say she seats me every SECOND seat rotation... and like I said, Stan somehow gets the majority of the tables... at one point, she kept seating Stan, and Connie and Mike were like... uh... what about us? (We had given up on my getting tables by this point) it was annoying... but I sold 600 by the end, and made a WHOPPING $30 in tips. All in all, not really a good night.

Ha ha... ok, and the reason a few of you are taking the time to read this blog... Mike took me to the Caribou last night. Was very nice, he actually relaxed a bit, and we were able to have conversation. I had the terriaki chicken caesar (Jen had it at the engagement party) which was very good, as I already knew from eating Jen's meal. Then we had an hour before work, so we grabbed some Timmy's, and just... drove around. Parked up at UNBC, and talked more, then we had to go to work, (for Jenny's benefit, he still hasnt kissed me) and THATS when he confessed his clock was behind... so we were nearly late, especially since he's always there 15 mins early, AND he wasn't in ANY of his work clothes... where as I was wearing work pants, just had to throw on my shirt. Management was a lil concerned about his showing up (not mine... I geuss I'm always in the nick of time) ALSO, I was ready for work before him, and none of them clued in we were out together, which is REALLY good, cause Petra was all concerned we couldn't work together anymore, and wanted to take one of us off the shift we're on... in fact, Petra and Adrian are managing next friday saturday just for that purpose I believe... see if we can work together. AND, in my mind, after last nights occurences, I think we can. Sam (the hostess) comes up to me, and all jokingly is like, "yaaaaa, Mike's a man whore... He sleeps around with the men." and I kinda... blink at her and go... "Oh... funny, cause we're kinda dating" (in a very, hurt voice, lol) ha ha... look on her face was priceless... apparently, she had NO clue, and then felt dumb for saying that. But the best was Connie, who was like... "Man, I really think Mike's a horn dog." I was like, "Oh.. whys taht?" "Everytime he gets a new table, hes like 'wow, shes good looking' or 'wow, shes hot' " ha ha... I think it was Sam this time who was like, "ya... Mike and Dez are dating tho" ha ha.... Connie was SO embarrassed, she felt bad for a good 10 mins. Highly entertaining. Anyways, I think that there is proof that even the staff we work with together every weekend, doesn't know.

OK! I... HATE... HOUSEKEEPERS. When I got home at noon today, after writing a stupid exam for 3 1/2 hours, after staying awake for 30 hours... I think its safe to say... I was tired... so I wont lie, when I got in the house, i kinda just dropped my coat in the hallway, and then my scharf a lil furhter up the hallway, and least my pants didnt hit the floor till I was next to the bed. HOWEVER, apon waking up this morning, my pants are the only thing I can still find (which is kinda ironic really...) my coat, and scharf are nowhere to be found!! GAH! What did the freakin house keeper do with them while I was sleeping?!??!

On a completly random note, my left middle finger knuckle is swollen and stiff!!! Its not good, its the knuckle I've dislocated twice... but this random inflamation is concerning, especially since nothing has happened to me to warrant this sudden discomfort... *sigh* anyways, its 8 oclock, which means I need to get ready for work... and by getting ready for work, I mean relocate my missing articles of clothing... grrr....

"I sometimes give myself admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it."

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself."

"Be yourself is about the worst advice you can give to some people."

3 comments:

Laser said...

Your finger feels like that because it is healing forever and becoming strong as steel!.....Either that or it's going to fall off, there is no happy medium.

becca said...

FUUUUCKKK! Why the hell hasn't he kissed you? BASTARDS!!!

Ahh...enough of that. *calm the rage, becca, calm the rage!*

Hmm...well, here's my theory: If you can make moves on me while you're asleep (ahh, those good old iron grip hands of yours...), I'm quite certain you can write an English exam while asleep.

...makes sense to me. :D

Cole said...

See the theorey is the things you need the most you can't find you found your pants casue you don't need that, but you jacket on the other hand you need:P( Cole's theorey of displacement) I sould get grant so i can study this more. Dez you congrates on your exam and I know you did well YAY!

PS. Don't judge me I am doing my thing

PPS. Little tired form last night so hopefully this all makes sences!

love you