Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Keeper of Your Sanity

Like playful fireflies dancing in the night
Two lovers start a journey of love and heartache.
Just as a flame burns upon a candle,
Their love burns deep and true.
But with the new year comes new hardship
Drowning in sorrow the confusion suffocates.
And without knowing why it all ends.
The body numbs the world grows dark,
Even the knife slicing skin brings no pain.
But the sun rises once again as it does everyday,
And in that there is some comfort.
Sometimes we must wholly lose ourselves to truely know ourselves.
And though I find myself still in love I thank you.
You taught me to live, to love, to relax,
You taught me pain and regret.
Unlike the melting winter my love remains
But like a river the tears will one day dry.
Immeresed in life I walk down the path that I create,
Cocooned with memories, hope, strength.
Cross it if you have the need, you shall always be welcomed.
Keep a piece of the heart you touched so deep,
For my soul shall never be complete.
And with me a piece of your sanity I shall guard.
I give you back your soul that I care for so much.
Find yourself, banish your demons.
I will love you forever.

No comments: