Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Curse of the Bens

Bah! What a busy past few days... Friday, got up in the morning, went directly to work, got off work, went to Melissa's house for playing with kids and dinner, then went out dancing!! Stayed out till WAY too late, met this guy, had this instant connection, his name you ask? Ben. I couldn't believe it. But this one wasn't a pisces. That night I had the best kiss of my life. It was everything a first kiss should be, soft warm easy comforting perfect. Got up the next morning, went to work, after work drove up to the hart communtiy centre to bartend, and after that went to the boys' apartment for Jen's welcome home/Jeremy's going away party!!

Funniest thing at the party last night tho... AJ was trying to do handstand pushups, and they were terrible... not his strength, but form. So I got up to show him how it was done, perfect elegant... oh ya, being out of gymnastics for over 6 years, I don't have the strength to push back up. Very funny. Very unfortunate, and embarrassing.

I made no money this week either... very frustrating. Wednesday I probably made the most, at about $70. Thursday $40, Friday $35, Saturday.... a whopping $18, but my float was short that day, so I only brought home $13. Hurrah. And i went home 2 hours early saturday, an hour early friday, and 1.5 hours early thursday... Plus at the Hart Community centre, they brought in way too many bartenders, and I was tired, so after 1.5 hours they were talking about sending someone home, adn the 2 useless ones weren't offering, so I did. Also got no tips. Bah!

I had so much fun with teh kidlets to!!! There is nothing in life to make you feel more loved, than a 2 year old girl sitting on the couch next to you and cuddling up to you!!! Me and Carter played catch, then I set up Mario Kart for them, me and Maddy looked for the missing polar bear... all in all way too much fun! OH! Maddy and Danny watched me put on my makeup, and in the end they somehow had shiny lips, and pretty blue/purple eyelids *angelic look*

Anwyays, I have no idea what is up for today, but I'm sure I"ll figure it out...

3 comments:

becca said...

Another Ben? That's eerie! But the kiss sounds like it was good...so hurrah!

I'm really sorry my cell phone is a piece of shit and I didn't get your text until...well, it was some ridiculous hour of the morning. But it sounds like you didn't really need me there anyway! ;)

We should do coffee sometime this week! Hey, I'm off on Monday! Aren't you usually off on Mondays? Eh? Ehhhh?

Let me know if you want to hang out! :)

safromhell said...

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone
And you, my friend, will see
You've got a friend in me
(you've got a friend in me)

Ben, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind
And don't like what you find
There's one thing you should know
You've got a place to go
(you've got a place to go)

I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"
I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"
Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do
I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben
(a friend) Like Ben
(like Ben) Like Ben

Mel said...

Craziness! I'm definitely jealous of the best first kiss ever!! First kisses can be great or awful, and to have a great one just makes the day!! Keep me posted with what's going on with that!! Love ya lots